Take One Down, Spin It Around

I took advantage of our hiatus from weekly classes to focus on getting the drafted second edition of One Last Quest done up. It's cooling off now, in the (virtual) trunk, the necessary waiting period between finishing one phase of creating and entering another. I can see the structure I was hoping for, and I can see the impatience I had in writing the early scenes versus the later ones. The re-read and revision felt like flipping through a forgotten photo album, especially where I remember being surprised at the points where the story took on its own life. I also remember how magical that moment felt, the weird writer's high of characters and situations unfolding without intervention. Yes, the voices in my head started taking control, and what of it?

Now it's cooling off. We have a six week session going now, and it's been my habit to keep my projects apart, one for class time and our structure exercises, and one for out-of-class time, usually a more matured piece that I'm polishing. Cloche and Crèche is my "polish up piece" now, which means I'm dragging a new project out into the daylight to be worked on. Another plate is up on the rod, spinning, spinning, spinning.

🧩🦏 

 

Popular posts from this blog

On Draft2Digital, and Bookspam

Cuts and Adds

Creativity Under Fire